Import people from CSV
To import people from CSV, you need to perform the following steps:
- Go to People section and click Add button from top left corner of your
- Choose Import CSV option.
- A window will pop up from where you can browse the .csv file from your system.
- Now, if you wish to import people in a specific group then select the group name from the dropdown.
- You can also select one or multiple projects from the dropdown to be assigned to imported users.
- If you want to send invite email to users immediately, select the checkbox of Send invite. Btw, this is optional you can invite them later as well.
- Hit Import button and all users will be imported to ProofHub.
Format CSV files to import people in ProofHub account:
In order to be able to import people from CSV file to ProofHub, you must format the CSV file correctly.
We’ve created a Sample CSV file for you to download and upload, to help you see what will be imported and how it will look like. The format of adding people via CSV should be the same as given in Sample CSV file.
- The first name and email fields are mandatory. If in case these fields are left blank then people won’t get imported into ProofHub.
- Email address of the user has to be in correct format.
- Only one role can be assigned to each user. In case you have not selected any role for the imported users or mentioned any role which doesn’t exist in your account, then they will be assigned the “Normal user” role.
- If Send invite option is not checked, then “!” sign will appear on all users who get imported.
- While importing people you can either select any existing group or create a new group and all people will get imported in it.
- If no group is selected, then the users will be imported in All people group.
- Users with already existing email ids will not be imported.
- After importing people, if some people are not imported due to any reason then user will get a pop up from where a CSV file can be downloaded with the list of users who are not imported.
Need more help?
- Can't find the answer to your questions? Contact ProofHub Support
- Check our blog for the latest additions, updates and tips.