@Mentions feature allows you to ask questions, find answers, and share updates with users from other projects as well. This feature can be used while adding comments in task, discussion, notes, group chat and also in announcement.
Notifications regarding mentions
- All notifications regarding items in which you’ve been mentioned can be found by clicking the bell icon and selecting “Mentions” tab in it.
- Just like in-app notification if you click on a notification regarding a mention then the item will open where you’ve been mentioned.
Whenever someone mentions you a count will appear on the bell icon along with a desktop notification (if enabled).
How to use mentions
- To mention anyone you’ve to type @, while writing a comment or description of topic, and the names of all those present in the project will appear.
- You can select anyone from the list appearing. Once a person is mentioned in a comment then that person will receive a notification regarding this.
- One can only mention those present in project.
- In case of private task list, topic and note only those assigned on the item will appear in the list of people who can be mentioned.
- The mentioned person’s name will be clickable. On clicking it one will see that person’s profile.
- If one is mentioned in one to one or in group chat then one will get only a desktop notification (if it is enabled).
- On hovering over a person mentioned in a comment on task, topic, note, file or announcement one will be able to see his or her mini profile.
Where can mentions be used
Mentions can used in the below mentioned areas:
- In the comments field of Topic, Tasks, Notes and Files.
- In description field of topic and in chat message.
Need more help?
- Can't find the answer to your questions? Contact ProofHub Support
- Check our blog for the latest additions, updates and tips.