Import tasks from CSV
This is a great way to get started with Tasks if you already have the data saved in spreadsheet that you would like to move to your project in ProofHub.
To import tasks from CSV, you need to perform the following steps:
- Go to Tasks section of your project and click Import CSV option.
- Now, browse the .csv file from your system and click the Import button.
- The Map people window will pop up from where you can map users present in your PH account with the names in imported CSV file.
- Click Done button to have your tasks reflected under Tasks section.
Format CSV files for import to ProofHub:
In order to be able to import data from CSV file to ProofHub, the CSV file must be formatted correctly.
We’ve created a Sample CSV file for you to download and upload, to help you see what will be imported and how it will look like. The format of adding tasklist via CSV should be the same as given in Sample CSV file.
- Title field is mandatory. If in case this field is left blank then the record won’t get imported.
- The date format should be mm/dd/yy and time format should be h:m.
- In “Assigned to” column, you can either give name of the user or email address which will appear as it is in the Map people window.
- If any CSV user is not mapped, then the imported tasks will remain unassigned
- One person can be mapped with multiple persons.
- While importing a file you can select either an existing list or create a new list and all the tasks will get imported in it.
- All tasks imported will be assigned the first stage of the associated workflow.
- In case tasks are imported from gantt section in a list in which display in gantt wasn’t checked then it will get selected when the tasks get imported.
Need more help?
- Can't find the answer to your questions? Contact ProofHub Support
- Check our blog for the latest additions, updates and tips.